Duration : 5 days / 4 nights
Athens, One day cruise, 2-days tour to Meteora
1st day: As soon as you arrive at the airport of Athens, you will be met by our representative and transferred to your hotel. Rest of the day in Athens at leisure and overnight at the hotel in Athens.
2nd day: After breakfast, you will be picked up for the wonderful one-day cruise to 3 Greek islands. AEGINA, the biggest island of the Saronic Gulf, with 2 major archaeological sites, a large cathedral, a wonderfull fish market, a unique fruit floating market, and an economy based on pistachio nuts. POROS, the smallest of the 3 islands but probably the most beautiful one, is covered with pine and lemon trees. Enjoy a walk up to the clock tower and admire the panorama. HYDRA island is one of the favourite resorts of the international Jet-Set. The unique architecture of its houses, the pedestrian narrow streets full of boutiques, exclusive jewelry and handicrafts, attract shoppers and photographers. The crystal clear waters will refresh the swimmers. Lunch is included onboard the ship. In the evening you will be transferred back to your hotel in Athens and overnight
3rd day : After breakfast , you depart through Thebes, Levadia (short stop) and Arachova for Delphi, arriving around noon. Famous for its ancient theater, the Temple of Apollo and ancient ruins, Delphi was considered as the center of the earth and the universe, and played a central role in the classical Greek world. Pass by Castalia Sring, visit at the archaeological site the Temple of Apollo, famous for its Oracle and the Museum of Delphi (optional), with its spectacular finds, including the unique bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx and the Statue of Antinoos. Continue your visit at the archaeological site of Delphi. In the afternoon, after lunch, depart for Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks and crowded by the Meteora Monasteries (short stop for souvenirs). Overnight in Kalambaka.
4th day: After breakfast, you leave in the morning for nearby Meteora for a tour of the cliff-top monasteries to visit two different Byzantine Monasteries built on top of rock towers and providing fantastic views over the plain. The monasteries are perched on top of towers of sandstone, which for centuries provided totally inaccessible retreats for the monks. Meteora is considered as one of the most beautiful areas of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of the country’s most unique attractions. On your return you may optionally visit a factory of Byzantine style icons. Return to Athens passing by the heroic monument of Leonidas (king of Sparta) and his 300 warriors in Thermopylae (short stop for photos).Overnight in Athens.
5th day: After breakfast, you will enjoy the Half day Athens sightseeing and the Acropolis Museum. In the afternoon you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
The Tour Package includes:
- 3 nights accommodation B/B in Athens based on your choice
- One day cruise to 3 islands HYDRA – POROS – AEGINA
- 2-days tour to Meteora
- 1 night accommodation B/B in 3* hotel in Kalambaka Half-day City Tour of Athens, Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
- All transfers as per itinerary
- 4 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner
- All entrance fees at the archaeological sites
Does not include :
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Drinks and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
PERIODS OF TRAVELLING
APR / JUL – AUG
MAY – JUN / SEP – OCT
- All the mentioned prices are per person on twin sharing basis.
- In case of one traveler the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- The itinerary can be changed according to your arrival date.
- Please note that from 1/1/2018, a new hotel accommodation tax will be applied and paid directly in hotels as following: 5* hotels – 4 Euro per room/per night, 4* hotels – 3 Euro per room/per night, 3* hotels – 1.5 Euro per room/per night.